PANZERWELTEN-FORUM

Normale Version: Where do you buy your crabs from?
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Hello everyone again!
It is very clear to me that those of you who live in Europe have many more species of land crab available to you than I do here in the United States.

For example, I think Geothelphusa dehaani is VERY cute, but they are illegal to have as pets in the United States Icon_sad
[Bild: Japanese_freshwater_crab_.png]
I saw that someone on this website has some as pets though, and I am very jealous! Icon_mrgreen

I don't think that there are any other crabs illegal to keep besides them and "Chinese Mitten Crabs". Out of curiosity I would like to know where some of you people buy your crabs. There are so many that I've never heard of before!
bonjour
,MP for you!
for my shop!
j-y
Hi

Our advantage in Central Europe is, hat the climate isn´t apt for most of the crabs, coming from warmer countries. So there ain´t a danger, if they escape or are abandoned. That´s different in USA which has all climates from subtropic to arctic.
Here we have a similar problem, because american crays are bred in great numbers, although they have nearly led to extinction of the few endemic cray species by spreading a disease, lethal for all non american crays.

Cheers
Wolfgang