PANZERWELTEN-FORUM

Normale Version: Hainan rainforest crab habitat (need ID)
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and have a pair of Nanhaipotamon aculatum. All the tests are over I'm going to uni in a few months!
A few friends of mine and me went to Hainan (located in southern China) for a vacation. Here we found 3 species of crab and 1 fish species in only a mere hour or two. Crabs were found in burrows and tree holes like the ones in the pics. I suspect the black colored crab to be a species from the genus Sinopotamonidae while the red colored species and golden colored species to be species from the genus Nanhaipotamonidae. Any help with IDing them would be very much appreciated!
The dude in the yellow t-shirt is me.
All animals studied were released and unharmed.
Enjoy the pics.
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684106&d=1308321434]
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684111&d=1308321452]
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684103&d=1308321423]
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684097&d=1308321401]
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684095&d=1308321393]
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684107&d=1308321437]
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684099&d=1308321408]
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684093&d=1308321386]
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684098&d=1308321405]
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684101&d=1308321415]
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684100&d=1308321411]
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684104&d=1308321426]
[Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=684105&d=1308321430]
非常感谢您
我的法国
我爱你的照片
很高兴读你
让 - 伊夫。
danke
(Saturday, 18. June 2011, 8:21)Anne et Jean-Yves schrieb: [ -> ]非常感谢您
我的法国
我爱你的照片
很高兴读你
让 - 伊夫。
danke
Guten tag! It's ok, I understand English without much difficulty. I spent nearly 8 years in Australia studying. Hope you liked the pics! Have you any idea the species of the crabs?
no. 1 could be this one!?
http://www.panzerwelten.de/v/Vietopotamo...luangense/
just a guessing....i´m no expert.
Dear mshuangchao,

nice you found or site and posted here – welcome! Icon_wink

The first one should be Apotamonautes hainanensis, confer the hollow carapace and the many little teeth on the anterolateral margin. That indicates a genus formerly in subfamily Potamiscinae – that subfamily was diminished but still the specimen belongs in that group of Potamidae (the overall family). Since only this species of that complex is listed for Hainan I would guess that must be it although I have never seen a picture or description of Apotamonautes hainanense.

The second could be Hainanpotamon from which You can find three species on Hainan.

The third does indeed remind strong of Nanhaipotamon – look here: http://panzerwelten.de/v/Nanhaipotamon/N_hongkongense/ We got that specimen from a friend who brought it from hong Kong (I'm not really sure if it is N. hongkongense). Bott 1970 reported indeed a Nanhaipotamon from Hainan. N. aculatum seems to look very different: http://www.yellowman.cn/shenzhen/2/Nanha...ulatum.htm (I don't know the source of this page but N. aculatum is listed from only one single location inside of Hong Kong. So maybe another Nanhaipotamon – Neotiwaripotamon jianfengense or N. whiteheadi seems improbable.

Thanks for the habitat photos, that's very interesting for us. If You have more please feel free to post them.

@Krabbert: Vietopotamon is, as the name states it already Icon_wink , from Vietnam, that's quite some distance to Hainan.
(Saturday, 18. June 2011, 19:59)BEASTIEPENDENT schrieb: [ -> ]Dear mshuangchao,

nice you found or site and posted here – welcome! Icon_wink

The first one should be Apotamonautes hainanensis, confer the hollow carapace and the many little teeth on the anterolateral margin. That indicates a genus formerly in subfamily Potamiscinae – that subfamily was diminished but still the specimen belongs in that group of Potamidae (the overall family). Since only this species of that complex is listed for Hainan I would guess that must be it although I have never seen a picture or description of Apotamonautes hainanense.

The second could be Hainanpotamon from which You can find three species on Hainan.

The third does indeed remind strong of Nanhaipotamon – look here: http://panzerwelten.de/v/Nanhaipotamon/N_hongkongense/ We got that specimen from a friend who brought it from hong Kong (I'm not really sure if it is N. hongkongense). Bott 1970 reported indeed a Nanhaipotamon from Hainan. N. aculatum seems to look very different: http://www.yellowman.cn/shenzhen/2/Nanha...ulatum.htm (I don't know the source of this page but N. aculatum is listed from only one single location inside of Hong Kong. So maybe another Nanhaipotamon – Neotiwaripotamon jianfengense or N. whiteheadi seems improbable.

Thanks for the habitat photos, that's very interesting for us. If You have more please feel free to post them.

@Krabbert: Vietopotamon is, as the name states it already Icon_wink , from Vietnam, that's quite some distance to Hainan.

Wow! That was really useful, thanks a lot! I'll post pics of my Nanhaipotamon aculatum when I get the chance.
哈哈哈哈哈哈哈
哈哈哈 哈哈 哈哈 waroum?
ah ah ah ah pourquoi?