PANZERWELTEN-FORUM

Normale Version: A very messy molt!
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
This male Nanhaipotamon aculatum had a unsuccessful molt, but some how survived. He has lost both pincers and a leg, one of the legs is dislocated and it maxillipeds are also dislocated! I have no idea what caused such a messy molt, poor guy! I really do hope he makes it to the next molt!
[attachment=10363]
That's really sad but happens. Very unfortunate that he has dislocated maxillipeds, so I don't know if he can eat anything. Without pincers it is hard enough but possible, but without maxillipeds… I would surveil if he can eat and if not frost him – that would be the most merciful end I think. They fall asleep as the circulation slows down and then they feel nothing anymore.
(Tuesday, 6. December 2011, 16:56)BEASTIEPENDENT schrieb: [ -> ]That's really sad but happens. Very unfortunate that he has dislocated maxillipeds, so I don't know if he can eat anything. Without pincers it is hard enough but possible, but without maxillipeds… I would surveil if he can eat and if not frost him – that would be the most merciful end I think. They fall asleep as the circulation slows down and then they feel nothing anymore.

Yes, very sad indeed. But the good side of it is that he can eat! He ate a small chunk of fish meat today. He'll be needing extra care!
Thanks for your reply!