PANZERWELTEN-FORUM

Normale Version: Gecarcoidea lalandii?
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Hello again everyone!
As some of you may know, my plans to obtain the C. quantami [A.K.A. exotic color morph of G. ruricola] have... not worked out, for a variety of reasons. I am a college student who is not in a position to buy a new crab until Summer of 2013, but I do like checking out whats available every now and then Icon_mrgreen

I was lurking around on these forums and I stumbled across this site:
http://www.freeshop-web.de/shopserver/sh...ubid=27411
and I found that they had Gecarcoidea lalandii available. I am surprised and very excited that they have these, I love the big, exotic and very unique species like this! I had no idea that they even existed in the trade at all.

I have a couple questions for you all though:
1. Does anyone have any concrete information about the care for this specific species?
2. Is it possible to obtain this species in the United States, or have them [legally] sent to the United States? To my knowledge, there are currently no restrictions regarding the trade of this species.
And.... that was it actually.

Another species that I am interested in is Johngarthia lagostoma [or any type of Johngarthia]. I saw a user on youtube who had some type of Johngarthia crab, and I am jealous! Tongue
Does anyone know about the possibility of obtaining one of those as well?
In fact, does anyone know about any type of big land crabs aside from the typical Cardisoma and Gecarcinus species usually available?

Again, I won't be able to get anything new for a while now, this is purely for future reference.
Thank you very much for your help again!
-Tupinambis.
The first people here in Germany are keeping G. lalandii this time so we cannot say much yet. Typical land crabs but wether they are aggressive or not or where they molt etc. is not known yet.

The less for Johngarthia or Discosoma, while the latter genus should be quite similar to Cardisoma and the Johngarthia probably verx near to Gearcinus.
(Saturday, 28. January 2012, 13:39)BEASTIEPENDENT schrieb: [ -> ]The first people here in Germany are keeping G. lalandii this time so we cannot say much yet. Typical land crabs but wether they are aggressive or not or where they molt etc. is not known yet.

The less for Johngarthia or Discosoma, while the latter genus should be quite similar to Cardisoma and the Johngarthia probably verx near to Gearcinus.

Discosoma? Do you mean Discoplax? I can't find anything on a crab genus Discosoma. If it is Discoplax, what species are you talking about? Has D. hirtipes made it into captivity!? I've wanted a hirtipes for years! Icon_mrgreen
Ouch! Icon_redface Of course you are right, that was an error of mine, Discoplax is correct.

No, none of Johngarthia or Discoplax has been kept in captivity as far as we know. The very first Gecarcoidea are kept these times…