PANZERWELTEN-FORUM

Normale Version: What is happening here??? Creepy!!!
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
[Bild: IMG_1706.jpg][/img]

This is the same GQ the last tread about a bad molting was about.
She lost 4 legs and a claw last molt 29 june. As normal there was small lumps where the lost lims should be.

Left her this Monday, with the lumps. Came home this friday, and found this!!!!!!!
What is it??? There are growings at all 5 lost lims. They are grey, soft, totaly malformed, but she have muscles to move them.
It looks so creepy!!!!

Today i got 2 new GQ, but I´m not so sure that I should place them together now.
Hi there,

came home now. Got Your pictures with the email and found You have got them into the forum Yourself :-)

It looks as if the crab had build up the new limbs under a thin skin to protect them until the molting. They are quite long, yes. Maybe the crab "wants" to molt in a short period and had the capacities to build up new limbs quite fast. From G. quadratus it is known that they can fasten a molting or prolong the molting – especially known is that they can accelerate a molting when they loos 5 or more limbs…

Keep her separate until she is molted and hardened her shell again, if poosible.
woooow - it so amazing, that this crab can survive, even though it lost 50% of her essential bodyparts

thanks a lot for sharing & good luck !
Ok Beastie.
Never heard about before. She seems fine. Eating and beeing affectionate as usual. Ok, VERY shy, but that doesn´t feel so strange with all of her loss of lims.
Just looks so creepy.
I´ll try to keep her seperated. Right now she is in the plastic box I got the new ones in.
You can´t imagine how it looks here right now. My kitchentable gives place for the GQ terrarium, the frog aquarium, the box with this GQ, a box with another unidentified crab i got today, 4 boxes with Geckos (they are just here temporarily) and a box of crikets for them.
I really have to build racks for my animals asap. The other crabs and fishes are more or less everywhere in the apartement.

Tomarrow: Yes, I don´t think she would have survived in the wildernes in this shape.
Actually, I now a guy here in Sweden. His lobster lost ALL of its lims in a molt. Couldn´t move, but it could eat if hand fed. It survived, and seems fine today with all new lims working properly....
Hmmm.... Placed her in another bin to be for herself 2 weeks ago.
It stood right next to the big aquarium, and she seemed pleased.
2 days ago she suddenly was absolutly crazy and tryed to fight herself out of the smaller bin, so I took a risk and placed her together with the other crabs. Yesterday she molted well and got all lims back again. Smile

Seems fine and is eating the remainings of the old shell. Smile
Zustimm Smilie_krabbe Bia