PANZERWELTEN-FORUM

Normale Version: Tiwaripotamon from Guangxi, China
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
The pinnacle of this field trip: This Tiwaripotamon sp. was found inside a limestone cave. It's slender ambulatory legs, yet pigmented body and well developed eyes suggest a facultative cavernicolous lifestyle.
[attachment=13171]
[attachment=13172]
Beautiful! Yes, it looks a bit special for a solely cave dweller Icon_wink Thx for showing us!
looks reeeallly beautiful.
besides the great colour i like the look of the legs and thosw white spots on the claws a lot.

Do you also keep them or was your trip "just" about taking pictures?
Icon_mrgreen

Sent from my GT-N7102 using Tapatalk 2

I collected 3 live specimens. They will be fixed in alcohol when they die of old age… But hopefully they will molt soon and i'll be able to check the male first pleopod.

(Monday, 8. April 2013, 3:39)chaohuang schrieb: [ -> ]They will be fixed in alcohol when they die of old age…
That's a GREAT method of conserving specimen! I would promote that, it seems a much better solution than fixating live specimen in the field (although naturally it is not always possible to keep the animals alive for such a long time).

That's really cool! Zustimm
(Monday, 8. April 2013, 11:33)BEASTIEPENDENT schrieb: [ -> ]
(Monday, 8. April 2013, 3:39)chaohuang schrieb: [ -> ]They will be fixed in alcohol when they die of old age…
That's a GREAT method of conserving specimen! I would promote that, it seems a much better solution than fixating live specimen in the field (although naturally it is not always possible to keep the animals alive for such a long time).

That's really cool! Zustimm

Haha, I took extra care handling these guys because they were so hard to get. I had to craw all the way in the cave, very tiring. I hope to breed these, it's been a few days now and they seem to do ok in captivity!
i guess they are indangered, right ? therefore it would be really great if they would breed.

so they actually lived in a limestone cave?
what kind of things are they eating there ? what do you feed them ?

do you also keep them in those plasic-containers u showed us a couple of weeks ago ?

i am just asuming that a cave-like terrarium could look so awesome !
(Monday, 8. April 2013, 17:48)tomarrow schrieb: [ -> ]i guess they are indangered, right ? therefore it would be really great if they would breed.

so they actually lived in a limestone cave?
what kind of things are they eating there ? what do you feed them ?

do you also keep them in those plasic-containers u showed us a couple of weeks ago ?

i am just asuming that a cave-like terrarium could look so awesome !

They have a very wide distribution, so i don't think they are endangered. I assume they come out in the rainy season and reside in caves in the dry season. Little is known about their habits… they probably eat other cave dwelling arthropods.

Yes i keep them in those containers and feed them meal worms and crickets etc.