PANZERWELTEN-FORUM

Normale Version: Need help
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Hello everyone,

Well first of all sorry for my english, im french and I cant find any decent forum in my country about crabs ^^

I'd like to buy a crab but I dont really see which one, at first I wanted to buy a geoseserma as they seem easier to take off (true ?) but now i'm not sure anymore. Would you know if there is a specie of crab (more terrestrial ) that lives during daytime and aren't too "shy" (I already have a lot of noctural pet and it's getting a litlle bit frustrating) ?

From what i've seen Halloween crab & fiddler crab are not noctural ones but I don't really know if there are easy to take care off ? I can easily find some RED UCA PUGILATOR but i don't see where I could find some Gecarcinus quadratus... Germany is not far from France, maybe you could recommend me some online "petshop" that are making good international shipping ?

Thank you for your help !

Rgds
Bonjour et bienvenue gecko7291! Icon_wink

Well my french is far more bad than Your english so I'll stick to english too. *g* Nearly all crabs are quite shy, they are flight animals. I understand that it becomes frustrating if You don't see Your pets. Regarding this I strongly recommend to disregard Gecarcinus species (Halloween crabs) as they are some of the most shy species.

There are Geosesarma species that are more active than others like the Geosesarma sp. "Red" for instance. They should be kept in groups, ideally You have more females than males.

Another possibility might be Cardisoma armatum, a big mangrove/land crab from West Africa, which is kept single in most cases because they are quite territorial and You have to use a 1,50 Meter long aquaterrarium for a single specimen at least. Documented is a carapace width from 17 cm, but that is exceptional. But some 10 to 12 cm are realistic and this is a crab for many years, they can become 20 years old.

Unfortunately I don't know any petshop that ships international, sorry. You can ask one of course if he would do it as exception.

In this subforum You'll find our species databeses: http://www.panzerwelten.de/forum/forum-53.html Take a look there and read a bit I would recommend. Geosesarma sp. "Red" is in keeping quite the same as Geosesarma sp. "Vampire" so You can orientate at this database first. They are just a little bit more active.

Salut, Ollie