PANZERWELTEN-FORUM

Normale Version: Chinapotamon glabrum
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Chinapotamon glabrum from Guizhou, China.: Bia:
[attachment=13509]
Hi Huangchao,

nice crab. I see Dai & Naiyanetr included Tiwaripotamon glabrum and T. pusillum in 1994 to the new genus Chinapotamon. Probably there is not much known of this species, is it?

"Little is known of the ecology or habits of any species of Tiwaripotamon. …Like many long-legged species of freshwater crabs in Asia, the species of 27- waripotamon may also have terrestrial habits, probably foraging in closed forests often far from standing water…" Ng & Yeo wrote 2001. For Your species have You made some observations yet about their ecology and behaviour? Where have You found it or them and do You keep some now?
(Sunday, 28. July 2013, 12:42)BEASTIEPENDENT schrieb: [ -> ]Hi Huangchao,

nice crab. I see Dai & Naiyanetr included Tiwaripotamon glabrum and T. pusillum in 1994 to the new genus Chinapotamon. Probably there is not much known of this species, is it?

"Little is known of the ecology or habits of any species of Tiwaripotamon. …Like many long-legged species of freshwater crabs in Asia, the species of 27- waripotamon may also have terrestrial habits, probably foraging in closed forests often far from standing water…" Ng & Yeo wrote 2001. For Your species have You made some observations yet about their ecology and behaviour? Where have You found it or them and do You keep some now?

In general, Chinapotamon have shorter legs than Tiwaripotamon, C. glabrum is found in mountain marshes. The hide under rocks in sedimented marshy streams. On the other hand, Tiwaripotamon are almost always found within range of underground caves. I assume, they wander in the open at night but return to the small pools in the caves during dry weather and for molting.
I have been looking through my specimens... this is a new species... will be describing soon.