PANZERWELTEN-FORUM

Normale Version: Thai micro crab, Limnopilos naiyanetri - questions
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
hi,

is there any one here that know´s if some one have been able to breed this crab? im about to start a small tank and id like to find more information about this crab.

have have Google a lot and fond things here and there, so i have a general ide of what they like and not.

and is there any one here that knows if some one have breed them yet ? all the reports that i have found are ppl that fail and dont know why they just die of.

regards muffin
Sorry, nothing new at the Limnopilos front… Icon_wink
hmm i find it a bit wird that now one have made it yet. I did se a post on a forum (plant tank) where there was a women that had gotten small crabs. but she had over 100 in the same tank so i think it can be that to, but still ppl have manage to breed mangrove crabs and shrimps that need slat water.

would it not be easy to breed a crab that only needs freshwater? this for me is so strange and i can not stop thinking about it. do you know where i can find some sort of collage paper about this crab, i have been looking for some sort of repport about it but nothing so far.

my plan now is to try and set up a 40L tank where i have the crabs and then one ore to small tanks about 10-20L where i can have the larva.
if i buy some of this crabs in Germany, what do i need to do to keep them alive back to Sweden? I will be going there by bus and i will be home some time at sunday night.
as far as i know this crabs are full aquatic and can not breath up on land.
You'll need a styrofoam box at least where You can put the crabs into. It might be best to transport them in wet moss or something like that, with a few drops of water. You could use PET-bottles from Cola or anything, better than a bag.
i have a good box to have them in a cardboard box that has styrofome in side, and i will have the crabs in there one small box whit some javamoss. i plan to get 10-20 mico crabs and some Red Devil females i need about 4-5 of them so i can get some action in the tank. if they have the violet vampire crab i will get some of them to. more then that i will let time show me what will happen Icon_mrgreen

but now i know that the small crabs will not die of on the way home if i keep them worm.