PANZERWELTEN-FORUM

Normale Version: Will this work?
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Hello everyone Smile

Will this tank work for my pseudosesarma moeshi? Its dimensions are around 60(L)x30(W)x40(H) in centimetres. I know this is too small for the numbers I need but I think the idea I have will make this work. I intend to put some platforms in made from glass off some old tanks to equal an extra 20cm², or more to get the 80cm recommended.

A very basic diagram:
[Bild: 17243d655cebd91d300688dde5f02d2b.jpg]
Hi Ryan Icon_wink

In our suggestions for an 80cm aquaterrarium as the smallest recommended we already have planned "second floors" as land parts. So this still would not be very good. It might suffice for a while for a small group but it is difficult.

Anyway it always depends on how You structure the tank so the size alone does not say all. Icon_wink
Hi Smile

Would it work to only have 2 or 3 females as opposed to to the 4 recommended for the 80cm? I appreciate this is still not ideal-however achieving the best possible in this space is still better than rehoming one of the males as they are almost always kept incorrectly here, often in freshwater aquariums with no land and unsuitable tankmates.

And yes it will be structured with functionality for the crabs being above human aesthetics.
Dear Ryan,

that sure would be better – although not ideal as You stated already Yourself. Icon_wink One male and two females… Not good but not too bad.
(Tuesday, 17. February 2015, 22:25)BEASTIEPENDENT schrieb: [ -> ]Dear Ryan,

that sure would be better – although not ideal as You stated already Yourself. Icon_wink One male and two females… Not good but not too bad.

Thanks for the help Smile I will read some information and look at other successful tanks on this forum and any final questions I have I will ask before I start making the new tank.