Panzerwelten.de -> Startseite
News Forum Artensteckbriefe Ueber uns Ueber uns Instagram Impressum Links

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Help please! My female metasesarma have berried!
[Attachment = 16475] [attachment = 16475] I really do not understand what's going on, but my two female metasesarma aubryi crabs are both carrying egg sponges. 
There are only two of them in the tank, and I have no males at all.
Did this mean they were already fertilized when I got them, about 6 months ago?
Will the eggs be viable?
Is it dangerous to them, what should I do?
Please advise, I would be so grateful!

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

Hey Annie.

Yeah, its possible that They carried the Sperm over months. Its no harm to them, but without brackish/Salt water
The eggs won't hatch
Es krabbelt die Krabbe so krabbig!
(Sunday, 13. October 2019, 17:38)Krabbert schrieb: Hey Annie.

Yeah, its possible that they carried the sperm over months. Its no harm to them, but without brackish / Salt water
The eggs will not hatch
Hey Krabbert, thank you so much for your response! Will my girls be more lkely to release their eggs if I create them a temporary brackish set up? I have a small glass tank, the marine salt, spare pebbles and rocks. Spare filter too which I can protect filter with sponge. My uppermost concern is for my two crabs of course.
Thank you again, I really appreciate the help Smile

I meant to say ''More likely to release their eggs in a brackish set up sorry!
I guess a brackish set up might Help. I never tried that myself...bit you wont harm your crabs neither way.
If you habe all that stufe at home, i would give it a try
(Sunday, 13. October 2019, 19:33)Krabbert schrieb: I guess a brackish set up might help. I never tried that myself ... bit you wont harm your crabs either way.
If you have all that level at home, i would give it a try

Setting up now ... What not sure whether to laugh or cry, but laughter is good eve4n though I am worried. I just remove my two once they dump their eggs please Krabbert? Water is mixed, its bang on 110, and it's easy to get in or out of the water Smile
Sometimes, my replies do not translate as I wrote them and may seem a little rude ... I promise that is not meant at all !!
No worries. Its alright. Make Sure the two can leave the water so they dont dont drown. I would take Them back to the original Terrarium After releasing the eggs

If you cab/want t. ..take pics of the set up, maybe you get some tipps
Hi again Krabbert, I am sorry for late reply, was in hospital most of yesterday. Here is a photo of the set up for egg dumping. I have avoided soft substrate as I am hoping it will prevent burrowing for now. The crabs have not as yet dumped their eggs.

Oh no! Icon_sad I can not get this post to translate to english, and unable to upload photo! Am not sure how to get round this!
Sorry, see this just now. Let them release the larvae in freshwater. They are then carried to brackish water. That's the info we got from PD Dr. Christoph Schubart, who suggested a salinity of 25 promille for the rearing of the larvae.

Oh, I see the brackish tank is already set up. So let them dump their eggs there, should be okay too. No problem! Do you have food for the larvae?
Maat et joot, 'ne schöne Jrooß un bess demnähx, Ollie (vorher BEASTIE bzw. BEASTIEPENDENT)

[Bild: pw-mangroven7_312px.jpg] 
Krabben und andere Crustaceen (Krebstiere),
Muscheln, Schnecken und Zwergkrallenfrösche, Minidrachen (Zwergbartagamen + Hausgeckos) und Schlangen in rund 30 Becken

Kontakt | PANZERWELTEN.de | Nach oben | | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation

Achtung: Für alle Fotos auf dieser Domain gilt: Urheber- und alle anderen Rechte (soweit nicht anders vermerkt) bei Oliver Mengedoht, alle Bilder und Bildschirm-Hintergründe sind ausschließlich zur privaten Nutzung freigegeben! Jegliche sonstige oder kommerzielle Nutzung ist ohne ausdrückliche Genehmigung des Bildautors nicht genehmigt!

Keine Veröffentlichung (ob Print, Internet oder andere Medien) ohne Absprache und Autorenhinweis!
(Veröffentlichung ohne Autorennennung: 100 % Aufschlag nach Tarif.  Veröffentlichung ohne Absprache: 400 % Aufschlag nach Tarif)

Sie haben Fragen oder wollen ein oder mehrere Bilder veröffentlichen? Gerne, nach Rücksprache mit mir:
Oliver Mengedoht

-Fotograf & Journalist-
Richard-Wagner-Straße 18, 45657 Recklinghausen
 -----
E-Mail:foto@oliver-mengedoht.de
Internet: www.oliver-mengedoht.de=====
St.Nr.: 212/5158/0643