Panzerwelten.de -> Startseite
News Forum Artensteckbriefe Ueber uns Ueber uns Instagram Impressum Links

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Wanted: freshwater Crab species
Wanted, true freshwater crab species, except for Geosesarma sp vampire, and Geosesarma sp "yellow eyes" (which I already keep)

Must be able to send to the UK, I can send payment with paypal.

if you have any for sale, please contact me at pandatazz@yahoo.co.uk

thanks,
Kevin
Still looking for different species, if you know of anyone selling any, that is able to ship to the UK, please let me know.

thanks
Kevin, have You asked the knwon German Online-pet-shops like Interaquaristik and Aqua-Tropica yet if they'd sent to the UK?
Maat et joot, 'ne schöne Jrooß un bess demnähx, Ollie (vorher BEASTIE bzw. BEASTIEPENDENT)

[Bild: pw-mangroven7_312px.jpg] 
Krabben und andere Crustaceen (Krebstiere),
Muscheln, Schnecken und Zwergkrallenfrösche, Minidrachen (Zwergbartagamen + Hausgeckos) und Schlangen in rund 30 Becken
I would think interaquaristik may do, I think the Aegla I ordered from them was around this time last year? though it may have been around early June?..

I think the only freshwater species they sell that I dont keep are Heterophelphusa fatum? which are always males?

I hadnt checked aqua-tropica, they seem to have a nice amount of species, are Neosarmatium meinerti and Metopographus latifrons capable of breeding without brackish or saltwater? I would like to only concentrate on species capable of breeding in captivity at the moment. Though I do also keep Cardisoma armatum and Metasesarma aubryi, I was told the aubryi were freshwater when I bought them, and had no idea about the Rainbow Crabs when I got them years ago, before I had a computer.
Hi Kevin,

no, right now both may not have interesting species for You – I just meant they COULD send to UK maybe.

Heterothelphusa fatum are only males and they all die. Maybe IA does NOW have animals better imported but from the first import some months ago all crabs died.

Nosarmatium (Sesarmidae) and Metopograpsus (Grapsidae) are both members of Grapsoidea – they do of course not have a specialized development and to need salt water for their larvae.

BTW: Metasesarma needs fresh water but their larvae need salt water.

You can see all fresh and brackish water crabs here: http://www.panzerwelten.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=222 – all crab species listed there execpt the last two superfamilies (in German: Überfamilie) are true frsh water crabs.
Maat et joot, 'ne schöne Jrooß un bess demnähx, Ollie (vorher BEASTIE bzw. BEASTIEPENDENT)

Muscheln, Schnecken und Zwergkrallenfrösche, Minidrachen (Zwergbartagamen + Hausgeckos) und Schlangen in rund 30 Becken
Thanks, I keep my Metasesarma, and Rainbow Crabs both with freshwater, I just meant it was not possible, or very difficult to breed them in captivity.

I am very interested in the Parathelphusa pantherina on the aqua-tropica site, if they refuse to send to the UK would anyone on here be willing to order them for me, and then send them onto me? I would of course send all payment upfront, and would be able to with paypal. Ive received Crustaceans from Germany before with no problems, not even any dead on arrival, both times. I have emailed them though so hopefully they can send directly to me.
Hi Kevin,

if Michael Wolfinger does not send to You directly we can order for You and ship 'em through to You, I think. We just can't give any garantuee they'll survive the trip in good health. How long does the shipment take, do You have experience with that? AFAIK normal pakets need some two or three days (what should make a transport possible, but with some possibility of damage either).

That would be great, thanks. I havent had a reply yet if they can ship or not, once I do i'll post here. I understand about not being able to guarantee them, whenever I send Inverts (usually Snails, Peripatus etc..) outside of the UK I also arent able to guarantee them, but havent had any problems.

I would like them shipped by priority post, that is insured, I know the insurance wouldnt be valid in this case, but in my experience post that is insured is usually given more priority and care by the postal services here. An average parcel from Germany usually costs me around 25€ it is probably much cheaper when it isnt sent by priority, but I think its important that they are sent as fast as possible. Usually they are sent on a Monday, and arrive Wednesday or Thursday the same week. When they are sent by normal airmail they can take over a week to arrive.
I got a reply that they are able to send straight to me, thanks very much again though for being willing to order them for me though.
Okay, good luck!

They don't seem to need a land mass and seem to live purely aquatile.

Still looking for any species of freshwater crabs. Except for Oziothelphusa/Spiralothelphusa sp. Hydrothelphusa (black shell, likely H. goudoti) or Paratelphusa pantherina, which I should be receiving soon.

I can buy them, or I should also be able to trade for an Indian species, Oziothelphusa or Spiralothelphusa once I start to receive more of them.
Sorry it is always answering me *g*. The occasions of getting new freshwater crabs ARE very rare!

You can have the pair of P. pantherina from us for sure, we have yet to determine of we can give one ore two animals more.

You could have some of the http://www.panzerwelten.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=605 (Parathelphusa ferrruginea?) for sure although we cannot guarantee both sexes (we have to determine these either, right now it's very stressing because of job and some other things)… I'll mail You when we know. Icon_wink

You probably won't get other offers here – we would know of 'em (and if we could get some of these we would inform You). Icon_wink There simply ARE no other offers in Germany at least (I don't know all other European countrys, although I keep an eye on Austria, Switzerland, France, Netherlands and Poland for sure *g*). We crab holders are dependent on Importeurs and once in a while we get a glimpse from scientists – that's it. Otherwise You would have to travel to the origins of the crabs and import 'em for Yourself.

That may be sadly for us keepers, on the other hand it may be better for the crabs. Icon_mrgreen Although some of us surely try to breed them – sometimes (like Thaiphusa sirikit) for letting them out in the wild sometime in the future…

thanks for letting me know, I hadnt realised that new to captivity species were so rarely available.
Hi Kevin Icon_wink

This could be interesting for You: http://www.wirbellosen-auktionshaus.de/a...rabbe_.cfm (at the very first guess I'd say it's G. albogilva but could be another species (even the cited G. dehaani).

I would definitly be interested in that species, I'll sign up to that site and ask if they would be able to ship to the UK.
Ive found what I think is the same person advertising here?

http://meine-fischboerse.de/garnelen-kre...ml#message

If so, It would be easier to contact the person through that site, as no membership is needed. Hopefully they are able to ship them.
Yes, it seems so, though they are 2 Euro more expensive there.

Maybe we buy some ourselves and could order for You 2 and send 'em together with the other crabs (I'll mail You in a few days because of these).

That would be great, thanks.
Do contact them anyway! We thought and thought but we don't have any space left over so we canceled an order for the moment. We would love to order, but we can't… unfortunately! Icon_sad

thats ok, I had already contacted them earlier, hopefully they still have them, and can ship them. Ive had a positive response about the Aegla, one of the places selling them can ship to the UK.
Kevin schrieb:Ive had a positive response about the Aegla, one of the places selling them can ship to the UK.
Cool! Would be great if we could really have You helped with that! Smile

Kontakt | PANZERWELTEN.de | Nach oben | | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation

Achtung: Für alle Fotos auf dieser Domain gilt: Urheber- und alle anderen Rechte (soweit nicht anders vermerkt) bei Oliver Mengedoht, alle Bilder und Bildschirm-Hintergründe sind ausschließlich zur privaten Nutzung freigegeben! Jegliche sonstige oder kommerzielle Nutzung ist ohne ausdrückliche Genehmigung des Bildautors nicht genehmigt!

Keine Veröffentlichung (ob Print, Internet oder andere Medien) ohne Absprache und Autorenhinweis!
(Veröffentlichung ohne Autorennennung: 100 % Aufschlag nach Tarif.  Veröffentlichung ohne Absprache: 400 % Aufschlag nach Tarif)

Sie haben Fragen oder wollen ein oder mehrere Bilder veröffentlichen? Gerne, nach Rücksprache mit mir:
Oliver Mengedoht

-Fotograf & Journalist-
Richard-Wagner-Straße 18, 45657 Recklinghausen
 -----
E-Mail:foto@oliver-mengedoht.de
Internet: www.oliver-mengedoht.de=====
St.Nr.: 212/5158/0643