Panzerwelten.de -> Startseite
News Forum Artensteckbriefe Ueber uns Ueber uns Instagram Impressum Links

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Potamids of Hainan, China
Hi! Second trip to Hainan, same stuff, better pictures!
Hainanpotamon sp.
Neotiwaripotamon whiteheadi
Apotamonautes hainanense

Cheers!

Chao Huang

Freshwater crab taxonomy,
School of Life Sciences Sun Yat-Sen University,
Guangzhou, Guangdong Province

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

great pics again, dude !

I really enjoy your posts more and more - the variety is extraordinary.
In the 2nd pic you can see that much thinner legs - maybe because this species is specialiced on hunting in trees. and in the 3rd one we can see those much shorter stronger legs - i asume that it lives on the ground.
guess you can see that effect on spiders, too - i'm not a biologist - those are all just speculations of mine.
The second.... A fly.... He or She eat a fly.... This one must be really fast.... Real nice pics....

But i don't know if the legs thinner.... Maybe they only look thinner on the pic....
(Tuesday, 7. May 2013, 13:43)tomarrow schrieb: great pics again, dude !

I really enjoy your posts more and more - the variety is extraordinary.
In the 2nd pic you can see that much thinner legs - maybe because this species is specialiced on hunting in trees. and in the 3rd one we can see those much shorter stronger legs - i asume that it lives on the ground.
guess you can see that effect on spiders, too - i'm not a biologist - those are all just speculations of mine.

Very good observation, you are very correct! Neotiwaripotamon whiteheadi is highly adapted to an arboreal lifestyle, it's slender and elongated ambulatory legs help it firmly grasp on to tree trunks. In contrast, the short and stubby legs of the Apotamonautes hainanense are well suited to a digging holes and moving large rocks on the forest floor.

(Tuesday, 7. May 2013, 22:02)Unheilig schrieb: The second.... A fly.... He or She eat a fly.... This one must be really fast.... Real nice pics....

But i don't know if the legs thinner.... Maybe they only look thinner on the pic....

It is eating a termite and yes it is very fast indeed!

The legs of N. whiteheadi are indeed thinner.
I want so one. I hate fly's they fly around my head when i want to sleep!

Kontakt | PANZERWELTEN.de | Nach oben | | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation

Achtung: Für alle Fotos auf dieser Domain gilt: Urheber- und alle anderen Rechte (soweit nicht anders vermerkt) bei Oliver Mengedoht, alle Bilder und Bildschirm-Hintergründe sind ausschließlich zur privaten Nutzung freigegeben! Jegliche sonstige oder kommerzielle Nutzung ist ohne ausdrückliche Genehmigung des Bildautors nicht genehmigt!

Keine Veröffentlichung (ob Print, Internet oder andere Medien) ohne Absprache und Autorenhinweis!
(Veröffentlichung ohne Autorennennung: 100 % Aufschlag nach Tarif.  Veröffentlichung ohne Absprache: 400 % Aufschlag nach Tarif)

Sie haben Fragen oder wollen ein oder mehrere Bilder veröffentlichen? Gerne, nach Rücksprache mit mir:
Oliver Mengedoht

-Fotograf & Journalist-
Richard-Wagner-Straße 18, 45657 Recklinghausen
 -----
E-Mail:foto@oliver-mengedoht.de
Internet: www.oliver-mengedoht.de=====
St.Nr.: 212/5158/0643