Panzerwelten.de -> Startseite
News Forum Artensteckbriefe Ueber uns Ueber uns Instagram Impressum Links

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
What species can it be?
Hi!
I´ve got a bit of hazard here. Both of my gecarcinus quadratus died suddenly. No idea why....
My son filled the tank with frogs instead...
However, I was in a petstore yesterday for other reasons.
They are shutting down the place and wants to get rid of the animals.
I found a nice crab hidden in a corner, they have no idea what species it is. Now it lives in a vivarium with 50% water and 50% land. It looks like a Parathelphusa pantherina, but is way to big, like 5cm over carapace, and lives most ashore.
Beautiful crab, and I really don´t want them to kill it.
I´m gonna bring it home this weekend and try to find an empty aquarium for her.
What can it be???
(Wednesday, 19. June 2013, 23:27)pinoccio schrieb: It looks like a Parathelphusa pantherina, but is way to big, like 5cm over carapace

Hi,

that's well within the range of size of this species so it might just be a P. pantherina.
http://coenobita.de.to:Interessantes und Wissenswertes über Landeinsiedlerkrebse.
Parathelphusa pantherina is rather unique with its colouring, so it should be recognizable if it is one. But its rather unusual that it lives on the land.

Does it look like this?
[Bild: 2009-02-04__DSC3931.jpg]
Gruß!

Hans-Jürgen Günter
aka Püffi
Ihr sucht ein Buch über Krabben? Hier ist es:

Die Krabbenfibel, Von Monika Rademacher & Ollie Mengedoht, erschienen im Dähne Verlag
-----------
Aqua-Terrarium.de hat für immer geschlossen. Die Landzonen gibt es weiterhin hier:
http://www.aquarien-schrank.de/epages/62...s/Landzone
It COULD be Heterochelamon tessellatum, a new species described lately which is now in the trade. Pics would be very helpful.
Hi!
You guys are absolutley right, it IS a Parathelphusa pantherina.
I just didn´t knew they could be that big.
She´s pretty shy, but is still climbing a lot ashore as long as no one is to close to the aquarium.
She eats well and seems to be pleased. Smile
Good luck then!

I am still astonished the crab is so much ashore. Thats quite unusual for p. pantherina. How warm is the water? Are there any other inhabitants in the water?
Gruß!

Hans-Jürgen Günter
aka Püffi
Ihr sucht ein Buch über Krabben? Hier ist es:

Die Krabbenfibel, Von Monika Rademacher & Ollie Mengedoht, erschienen im Dähne Verlag
-----------
Aqua-Terrarium.de hat für immer geschlossen. Die Landzonen gibt es weiterhin hier:
http://www.aquarien-schrank.de/epages/62...s/Landzone
Thanks!

No, she is alone in that tank. Temperature, like 24c.

Kontakt | PANZERWELTEN.de | Nach oben | | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation

Achtung: Für alle Fotos auf dieser Domain gilt: Urheber- und alle anderen Rechte (soweit nicht anders vermerkt) bei Oliver Mengedoht, alle Bilder und Bildschirm-Hintergründe sind ausschließlich zur privaten Nutzung freigegeben! Jegliche sonstige oder kommerzielle Nutzung ist ohne ausdrückliche Genehmigung des Bildautors nicht genehmigt!

Keine Veröffentlichung (ob Print, Internet oder andere Medien) ohne Absprache und Autorenhinweis!
(Veröffentlichung ohne Autorennennung: 100 % Aufschlag nach Tarif.  Veröffentlichung ohne Absprache: 400 % Aufschlag nach Tarif)

Sie haben Fragen oder wollen ein oder mehrere Bilder veröffentlichen? Gerne, nach Rücksprache mit mir:
Oliver Mengedoht

-Fotograf & Journalist-
Richard-Wagner-Straße 18, 45657 Recklinghausen
 -----
E-Mail:foto@oliver-mengedoht.de
Internet: www.oliver-mengedoht.de=====
St.Nr.: 212/5158/0643