Panzerwelten.de -> Startseite
News Forum Artensteckbriefe Ueber uns Ueber uns Instagram Impressum Links

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Starting with Crabs
Hey all!
Been browsing the forum for a while now and i wanna start with holding crabs.
I got some experience with holding fishes and snails in a aquarium. Won't be putting them together, i will be starting a whole new aquarium.

I was thinking about Geosesarma sp. aka Vampire Crabs because those seemed the easiest crabs and are really pretty(love the purple and the red ones Icon_mrgreen).

So my question is what size of aquarium should i use to hold these awesome crabs?
I was thinking about a 60 or 80cm but not sure what would be the best for a small group.

Thanks in advance!
You can link reference pages in German if you got those btw. I'm from the Netherlands so my german reading skills are decent, im just horrible at writing Tongue
--
Leo
Hello,

for a small group is a 60 or 80 cm aquaterrarium big enough. geosesarma sp. "vampir"
They need land and water but more land.
Goedendag & welkom Leo Icon_wink

Have You seen the Species database/Artensteckbrief for these species? Here in German, http://www.panzerwelten.de/forum/thread-5.html the same in English: http://www.panzerwelten.de/forum/thread-711.html

There should be answers to most of Your questions (although it is really urgent that we update these old data). For the red species of Geosesarma You can take the same data for keeping, they too need land and water but they show themselves a little bit more often.

Tschüß, Ollie
Maat et joot, 'ne schöne Jrooß un bess demnähx, Ollie (vorher BEASTIE bzw. BEASTIEPENDENT)

[Bild: pw-mangroven7_312px.jpg] 
Krabben und andere Crustaceen (Krebstiere),
Muscheln, Schnecken und Zwergkrallenfrösche, Minidrachen (Zwergbartagamen + Hausgeckos) und Schlangen in rund 30 Becken
Hey!
Thanks for your answers guys! Didn't see the species database yet.
After reading those i got 2 questions left!
1. Can i mix purple and red Geosesarma's in the same aquarium(those are same species right, just diff color?)
2. I was thinking about holding 6 crabs. 1 male and 5 females in a 60cm aquarium. Should i do that or go bigger/diff male:female ratio

Thank you in advance for answering my questions!
--
Leo
1. No, they're not the same species. It's not just a color variation. Our experiences show that different Geosesarma species in one tank cannibalize each other, the bigger ones will win.

2. That would be okay. You can go 1.5 or 2.4 in a 60 or more in an 80 cm aquaterrarium. Since theye are direct developers, e.g. they don't reproduce via larvae but young crabs hatch directly You should then get more by itself. Icon_wink
Maat et joot, 'ne schöne Jrooß un bess demnähx, Ollie (vorher BEASTIE bzw. BEASTIEPENDENT)

[Bild: pw-mangroven7_312px.jpg] 
Krabben und andere Crustaceen (Krebstiere),
Muscheln, Schnecken und Zwergkrallenfrösche, Minidrachen (Zwergbartagamen + Hausgeckos) und Schlangen in rund 30 Becken
1. Okay then i'll get a hard time deciding what color i'll take haha!
My girlfriend likes purple so probs will be those :p.

2. Think i'll still go for 1:5. Because mans tend to fight maybe?

Thanks for the answers!!
Males are more territorial, yes. Icon_wink
Thanks for all the good and quick answers!! Im helped Icon_mrgreen Can't wait to start with them after the summer Smile

Kontakt | PANZERWELTEN.de | Nach oben | | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation

Achtung: Für alle Fotos auf dieser Domain gilt: Urheber- und alle anderen Rechte (soweit nicht anders vermerkt) bei Oliver Mengedoht, alle Bilder und Bildschirm-Hintergründe sind ausschließlich zur privaten Nutzung freigegeben! Jegliche sonstige oder kommerzielle Nutzung ist ohne ausdrückliche Genehmigung des Bildautors nicht genehmigt!

Keine Veröffentlichung (ob Print, Internet oder andere Medien) ohne Absprache und Autorenhinweis!
(Veröffentlichung ohne Autorennennung: 100 % Aufschlag nach Tarif.  Veröffentlichung ohne Absprache: 400 % Aufschlag nach Tarif)

Sie haben Fragen oder wollen ein oder mehrere Bilder veröffentlichen? Gerne, nach Rücksprache mit mir:
Oliver Mengedoht

-Fotograf & Journalist-
Richard-Wagner-Straße 18, 45657 Recklinghausen
 -----
E-Mail:foto@oliver-mengedoht.de
Internet: www.oliver-mengedoht.de=====
St.Nr.: 212/5158/0643