Panzerwelten.de -> Startseite
News Forum Artensteckbriefe Ueber uns Ueber uns Instagram Impressum Links

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Inspiration and questions
Hi there,

"seems You got a new Geosesarma sepcies there."

what!?!? so this guys are not mandarin crabs ? when i was looking at them the first time they look more like Red devils. But what sort do you think it can be then ?

I have done all but one thing whit the plants, and that is to water them in a seprett pot. Will take them out and do that now, the moss is ok and i have some Java moss on the way to.
I would say:
(Wednesday, 4. September 2013, 21:35)BEASTIEPENDENT schrieb: a new Geosesarma sepcies there.
was clening out some food from the tank, and i found this. Made me happy that the crab made it out of the molt. So i think they are having a good time in there.

now i pumt to get them in to there new home. I going to pick up the new tank to morrow. and the design for the tank is sort of done to, will get some extra glass on Monday that i have order. I have alos some javamoss that will come in the mail next week.

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

congrats for the molting. thats awesome.
Es krabbelt die Krabbe so krabbig!
thx a lot krabbert, It has been one week now and all four of them are doing well.

And i have also been working some on the new tank, it a bit smaller then what i was going for. But i think that they will like it a lot ones it is done i have silicon on the background now so it is still drying up. Will give it one extra day to dray up good still smell a bit of silicon in the tank.

I have a fan over it now so i get in a lot of air.

and here is a images of the first stage, i did a fome background. and i know it is a big pool but i will give the tank some fish just to make it look more natural.

the crabs will have a lot of sticks to walk around on up and done the water as well on land.

Id also like to add that they will be living in my hobby room, that is way there is a lot of things in the room.

So i took the day to remodel my room that i work in, and also do the last things on the tank. And this is what i got in the end I did some things wrong but it was fun to work on this.

I also felt that one of the plants was to big so i took it out to give the crabs some more room to walk around in, will add some rock in there so they can hind in them. now i just need the plants to grow and all will be well.

As for the background i will do a lot more things different, first off i will use the black fome and not the white one. It is a pain to cover all the spots so you don´t se it. Or i will try to paint it in some colour for the next time we will se but there will be more that is for sure.

the main thing i will bring whit me is that i need to seal water and land a lot better so the water dose not go over.

And here are some better images of my crab´s, i think that one of them is dead but i will give it to tomorrow to se what happens.

One of them looks like a mandarin crab, but the two others looks like something elas they are more red then oranage? any clue what sort they can be?? Huh

PS: sorry for the tripel post that i have done now.

hey muffin.

the tank looks good to me, but i have a question. did you use glass to separate soil and water or only wood?

maybe the "dead" animal is just the carapax after molting?

i dont have geosesarmas, cant say anything about the "kind" you have. they all look similiar to me.
hi krabbert,

No i have only wood no glass at all, so far it is working(tho it is a bit wet). I have a lot rocks in the bottem so i think it will be ok.

And i don´t think it is a molt, i have been looking at the crab now and it think he is dead so that is a big shame but it happens. Will take it to the pet store and tell em that he is dead hope i can get a new one only had them now for a week.

any one know if i can mix in some VC in the tank or will they fight one and other? in that case i will need to get a new tank then.
No, you cant mix another geosesarma with yours, one will loose.

i´m afraid the water will get into your landpart...dont think wood will hold it in one part
ya you are right i will have to fix the tank before that happens. but i want to let the crabs be a bit and not stress them out to much now. i will also add in a pice of glass to brake it up that way i will know for sure that the water will be on one side. I also like to redo the bottom for the plants so im not mixing in the soil and rocks.

and it is a shame you can´t mixs crabs but that is what it is. thx a lot for the answer krabbert.

regards muffin
I have been to the store and gotten some new material to build a new back ground, this time i will try and paint it and then glue on some soil to it. I will start on a polyester bored first that i will spray on my fome and then fit it in to the tank. This way i have more freedom to carve out the texture of the rock that im looking for.

Is there any one that has done it this way here? I have gotten a lot of inspiration from a guy here in sweden, and i will start to work on the back ground this weekend when i have some time.

and i think that one of my lady crabs is having baby's, tho im not sure yet she has her back to me and i don´t want to poke it. feels like i will stress the crab.

that is some of the things that i have going on now, i will post some WIP images one´s i start.
can i mix in hermit crabs ? or will they fight one and other?
never mix two species...the tank is a pretty small living area in comparism to the normal habitat
oki doki krabbert will keep that in mind.
So i have been working a lot on MK2 of my tank, as the MK1 was a mega fail. I feel it was better to re-do it all now as one of the crabs just dropped dead. And it feels better when you know things are done the right way and you can just let the plants do there thing.

So i took them all out and put them back in my temp tank, they have been there now for some days and they are doing good so far. I have given them some dry food for now some sort of alge wafer.

I began whit taking down all the fome and silicon, this took my about a day to do as i had to cut it down in layers and that was a time taker for me. i did not want to ripp it of the glass was afraid that id break the tank.

after that was done i cut out a a bored that was the same size of the tank from the back. This is going to be the part holding the fome that i was going to spray on one more time. My plan this time was to paint it and not glue on soil and sand. Now i have not done a lot of rock painting before so this is going to be hard for me.

any ho, I start to cut and make sure all the parts fits in the tank and they do. I go out and buy my self some glass to brake up the water and land part. I don´t want the water to run over as last time, I put some silicon around it to get it in to place. And make sure that the bored fit´s as well.

and that is that, more to come soon.

I can now se some of the small babys in the javamoss, i have found so far 8 of them. And there is also a bad image of there mom Icon_mrgreen

Any handy tip on how to take care of the small crabs?

Well, if You want the most crablings to grow up You have to separate them from the adult ones. Feed 'em like the old ones except food particles should be smaller, e.g. if You give fish flakes first crumble them between Your fingers.
I have been doing that whit the food now, I have some crab tablets that i break down. Why do i have to move out the young ? it was my understanding that this crabs don´t eat there young. But i will keep that in mind tho ones i move the crabs to the new tank i will break them up.

Kontakt | PANZERWELTEN.de | Nach oben | | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation

Achtung: Für alle Fotos auf dieser Domain gilt: Urheber- und alle anderen Rechte (soweit nicht anders vermerkt) bei Oliver Mengedoht, alle Bilder und Bildschirm-Hintergründe sind ausschließlich zur privaten Nutzung freigegeben! Jegliche sonstige oder kommerzielle Nutzung ist ohne ausdrückliche Genehmigung des Bildautors nicht genehmigt!

Keine Veröffentlichung (ob Print, Internet oder andere Medien) ohne Absprache und Autorenhinweis!
(Veröffentlichung ohne Autorennennung: 100 % Aufschlag nach Tarif.  Veröffentlichung ohne Absprache: 400 % Aufschlag nach Tarif)

Sie haben Fragen oder wollen ein oder mehrere Bilder veröffentlichen? Gerne, nach Rücksprache mit mir:
Oliver Mengedoht

-Fotograf & Journalist-
Richard-Wagner-Straße 18, 45657 Recklinghausen
 -----
E-Mail:foto@oliver-mengedoht.de
Internet: www.oliver-mengedoht.de=====
St.Nr.: 212/5158/0643