Panzerwelten.de -> Startseite
News Forum Artensteckbriefe Ueber uns Ueber uns Instagram Impressum Links

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
need info on Lepidothelphusa sp
Well, the orange Lepidothelphusa sp. nov. with the hairy claws is a quite terrestrial crustacean but it belongs to the True Freshwater Crabs. That means it reproduces with the so called direct development where the females lay big eggs and carry them to the hatching of the young crabs and the whole larval development is undergone insinde the egg. So no planctonic stages in saltwater are needed here… That makes it "easy" to breed them – one could think. Indeed it is not as easy as it looks. Many freshwater species could not be bred in captivity, causes unknown.

I'm not sure if Anja from Switzerland had offspring of this species here but she did have offspring of Lepidothelphusa cognetti. The keeping should be quite similiar.

The species is AFAIK not from Java but from the Indonesian island Borneo.
Maat et joot, 'ne schöne Jrooß un bess demnähx, Ollie (vorher BEASTIE bzw. BEASTIEPENDENT)

[Bild: pw-mangroven7_312px.jpg] 
Krabben und andere Crustaceen (Krebstiere),
Muscheln, Schnecken und Zwergkrallenfrösche, Minidrachen (Zwergbartagamen + Hausgeckos) und Schlangen in rund 30 Becken
thx a lot for the answer and i guess i didnt have answered my next question but it is not a good ide to mix crabs? I have Sp roxia think that is there name. Id really like to get this crab but i only have a small tank atm about 50L will indeed do for about 4-5 crabs? Is that or to small?

This are the crabs That I can get I have the Golden eye as they call them. And id really like to have Geosama bogorensis but I can only pick one atm dont have the room to put up any more Tanks and I dont think my wife will like it so hard It's is to make a chose. 

Store Link
A 50 litre tank will do for 4 to 5 specimens of Lepidothelphusa if it is highly structured, yes. Mixing species is usually not advisable. An exception are certain species of mangrove crabs.

A mix with Geosesarma species seems not advisable from our surveillances so far. There is no Geosesarma bogorensis, this name is false. This species is now called Geosesarma dennerle sp. "blue".
Maat et joot, 'ne schöne Jrooß un bess demnähx, Ollie (vorher BEASTIE bzw. BEASTIEPENDENT)

Muscheln, Schnecken und Zwergkrallenfrösche, Minidrachen (Zwergbartagamen + Hausgeckos) und Schlangen in rund 30 Becken
thx a lot for the answer what at the store and got my new crabs, They are not the same as I have.  this are the ones i have now and in on my 5 generations on them now i think, they have been bredding a lot for me. but i feelt It was time for some new blood in there. 

[Bild: attachment.php?thumbnail=13772]

this are the ones i got what is there name? all i got what Geosesarma sp and I Know That cant be right? Im on the hunt for a nano tank now I only have 3 of this new ones. I like them but in a bit Annoyed thatthey never get it right. 

[Bild: 3273_0.jpg]
Hiho,

your first picture shows a Geosesarma cf. rouxi, the second one is called Geosesarma sp. yellow eye.

They have nothing to do with the genus Lepidothelphusa. They are part of the family of mangrove crabs (Sesarmidae) but indeed most Geosesarmids are true freshwater crabs and not mangrove crabs. They live in true freshwater habitats (rain forests) and reproduce with direct development too.

Kontakt | PANZERWELTEN.de | Nach oben | | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation

Achtung: Für alle Fotos auf dieser Domain gilt: Urheber- und alle anderen Rechte (soweit nicht anders vermerkt) bei Oliver Mengedoht, alle Bilder und Bildschirm-Hintergründe sind ausschließlich zur privaten Nutzung freigegeben! Jegliche sonstige oder kommerzielle Nutzung ist ohne ausdrückliche Genehmigung des Bildautors nicht genehmigt!

Keine Veröffentlichung (ob Print, Internet oder andere Medien) ohne Absprache und Autorenhinweis!
(Veröffentlichung ohne Autorennennung: 100 % Aufschlag nach Tarif.  Veröffentlichung ohne Absprache: 400 % Aufschlag nach Tarif)

Sie haben Fragen oder wollen ein oder mehrere Bilder veröffentlichen? Gerne, nach Rücksprache mit mir:
Oliver Mengedoht

-Fotograf & Journalist-
Richard-Wagner-Straße 18, 45657 Recklinghausen
 -----
E-Mail:foto@oliver-mengedoht.de
Internet: www.oliver-mengedoht.de=====
St.Nr.: 212/5158/0643